Wellington administration is actively monitoring the outbreak of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check this page regularly for updates.
At this time, there are no known cases of COVID-19 at Wellington. This page contains resources and communications designed to inform and raise awareness of preparedness efforts at Wellington.
Preventing illness at Wellington
Public health officials recommend the following steps people should take to reduce their risk of getting and spreading any viral respiratory infections. These include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill.
- Consider waving, placing the right palm over the heart, or making the Namaste gesture (hands placed, palms together, in front of the face or chest) as alternatives to the traditional handshake or fist bump with other community members.