We've excited to return to school!
Follow along for more information on our back to school 2020 reopening plans.
We seek to provide an education during this time, and always, that places the well-being of our students at the forefront while maintaining the unique factors that make a Wellington education excellent. As always, the safety and security of our students is our top priority.
To that end:
- We will open on September 8, 2020, and plan to follow our regularly scheduled calendar year - given any unforeseen circumstances.
- A key element to our plan involves a slower progression of students’ return to better ensure all members of our community are fully acquainted with the new policies and protocols we will require of them. Those activities will take place August 26 - September 4, and you will learn more from division heads in the coming weeks.
- All students will attend school 5 days a week. It is our hope that this learning will take place on campus, whenever possible.
- We know that each family will have unique needs, so we have developed education models that build optionality and flexibility through technology, curriculum and culture.
- We are completing detailed plans - designed around the Wellington student experience - with safety, well-being and engaged learning as our primary focus.
- Click here to read the most current version of our Fall 2020 campus reopening plan.
Please note: These plans and associated documents will be updated throughout the summer based on further guidance from the federal, state and local government and is subject to change. Please check back often.
What you need to know
August 6 - Version 2 of Campus Reopening Plan released
August 6 - On-campus Learning/learning from home Intent Survey open on Veracross for parents and caregivers
August 11 - Parent & Caregiver Town Hall at 8 p.m. Register here.
August 14 - On-campus Learning/learning from home Intent Survey closes
August 25 - Version 3 (expected final version) of Campus Reopening Plan released
August 25 - Wellington to reaffirm 5 day on-campus learning plan in alignment with local and state alert levels. Should model or campus reopening plans necessitate further pivots, it is our hope that we can confirm that by August 20.
September 8 - First day of 2020-2021 school year! Go Jags!