We're excited to return to school!
Read on for information about our back to school plans for middle school families.
Back to School Dates and Events
Summer reading - Details by grade level can be found on Veracross.
August 6 - Back to School plans released
August 6 - Learning from Home Opt-In Policy opens on Veracross for parents and caregivers
August 12 - Middle School Parent & Caregiver Town Hall at 6:30 p.m.
August 20 - Deadline to complete School Policy Forms in Veracross, including Learning from Home Opt-In Policy
August 22 - Welcome (Back) to Wellington
- 1-2 p.m. - New families are encouraged to attend a brief introduction with Head of School Jeff Terwin and Co-Heads of Middle School Cristen Geary and Lissa Wade on Roberts Field before heading to classrooms and moving into lockers.
- 2-3 p.m. - Returning families are welcome to visit classrooms and move into lockers.
- 1:30-3 p.m. - Cool treats will be available outside the rotunda entrance.
August 24 - 5th Grade & New Student Orientation
- 9-11 a.m. - All 5th grade and new students in grades 5-8 are encouraged to meet with their advisors in the Jag Commons.
- 9-10:30 a.m. - Parents and caregivers of new middle school and all 5th grade students are welcome to attend Veracross training in the Middle School Commons.
August 25 - First day of school!
7:45-8:25 a.m. - Arrival: Parents and caregivers may drop their students off in the back parking lot.
7:45-8 a.m. - Supervision in the Jag Commons
8-8:25 a.m. - Students head to advisor’s room
8:25 a.m. - Classes begin
3:15 p.m. - Classes end
3:15-3:30 p.m. - Dismissal: Parents and caregivers may pick up their student in the back parking lot.
View the car line traffic flow map, including drop-off and pick-up locations, here.
LEAP: Learning, exploration, and projects
LEAP Days provide students and teachers the time to learn, explore, and dive into projects through extension of subject areas, advisory lessons, clubs, and Dive elective classes. LEAP Days usually occur on Wednesdays during 5-day weeks.
After School Supervision
Details & fees
Students in grades 5-8 are given the privilege of a supervised after school program that provides safety and a relaxed time for those who need to stay at Wellington after the school day ends. Middle School Supervision is available Monday-Friday from 3:30-6 p.m.
All students who participate will check in with Aftercare teachers at the end of the school day at a designated area. Students will begin with a small snack and recess time. Students will then head to a classroom for supervision and light homework help.
Fees for grades 5-8 are $10 per day, billed separately from tuition. Parents and caregivers who arrive after 6 p.m. to pick up their student will be assessed a $15 late fee for each 15-minute increment that they are late.
Register for Middle School Supervision by logging into Veracross and clicking the orange "Aftercare Opt-In" button at the top right of the parent portal.
Contact Sue Kay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Information & Policies
7th and 8th grade students are required to bring their own devices. Purchasing expensive computers for students’ use is discouraged, and additional software is not needed. They only need access to the Chrome browser for use of Google apps. Optional software, available from school, would require a Windows or MacOS machine.
When selecting a device keep in mind that the Upper School requires a Windows or MacOS machine.
A student’s device must meet the following requirements:
- Webcam (for photos, voice & audio recordings)
- Wireless Connection
- Battery Life (full day’s use on a single charge)
- Case for the Device
- Headphones or earbuds
- Antivirus (for Windows & Apple laptops)
Students will bring their own water bottle to school each day. No one-time use plastic water bottles will be available.
Parents and caregivers may choose to meet virtually or in person.
- Co-ed soccer, grades 5-6
- Co-ed soccer, grades 7-8
- Girls tennis, grades 6-8
- Boys and girls cross country, grades 6-8
- Boys and girls golf, grades 6-8
- Boys and girls recreational and competitive league basketball, grades 5-6
- Boys and girls basketball, grades 6-8
- Boys and girls swimming, grades 6-8
- Boys baseball, grades 6-8
- Girls softball, grades 6-8
- Girls lacrosse, grades 6-8,
- Boys and girls track & field, grades 6-8
- Boys tennis, grades 6-8
Sports Performance is offered all year for middle school students in grades 5-8.