Helping students find a great fit.
- Individual college counseling sessions.
- Small grade-level group meetings beginning freshman year.
- Guided self-reflection using individual student surveys and digital resources such as SCOIR and YouScience.
- Alumni Career Night for all underclassmen and alumni.
Support students in uncovering interests and strengths and celebrating accomplishments.
- Small group presentations regarding diverse school types and characteristics.
- Evening programs, morning coffee events, and individual appointments for parents.
- Wellington-sponsored campus visits to schools in the region.
- Speaker series with experts from a variety of fields.
Educate students and families to help identify best fit institutions.
- More than 100 visits each year by representatives from colleges and universities all over the country.
- Follow-up advocacy to college admission colleagues in support of applications.
- Holistic and highly personal recommendation letters.
- Counseling staff with diverse experiences with and contributions to the field at local and national levels.
Advocate for students in the college process through connections and communication.
- Required College Composition course and college essay work for all juniors.
- Faculty Edit Team reviews of application materials.
- Interviewing program for juniors.
- Guided resume drafting and reviews for juniors.
Empower students to become effective storytellers of their own narratives.