You’ll be challenged. And you’ll love it.
We welcome curiosity, stir passion, and embrace a diversity of thoughts and experiences. We encourage original thinking and innovative ideas. The result: The Wellington School was named a Top Workplace by Columbus CEO magazine in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
View our openings below and apply today.
We are looking for an energetic assistant coach to instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary to develop both individual and team potential. The lacrosse season spans from mid March through early May, with practices held in the afternoon hours Monday through Friday. Matches will be held on both weekdays and a few Saturdays. The coach should also value the cultivation of the following life skills within their team: leadership, pride of accomplishment, self-discipline, honesty, integrity, and motivation.
- Supervision of student athletes at practices and meets.
- Prepare and execute practice plans to ensure preparation for meets.
- Instruction in the tactical and technical aspects of the sport.
- Attendance at all practices, competitions, and team events.
- A passion for sport.
- A love of teaching.
- Knowledge of sport equipment, physical fitness, and safety.
- Previous Lacrosse and coaching experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should send a letter of interest and current resume to Athletic Director Lindsey Smith at email@example.com.
The Wellington After School Activities office has part-time opportunities for aftercare teachers. The hours are school calendar days Monday-Friday from 3-6 p.m. with additional hours on professional days and late start mornings as needed.
- Develops themed after school activities
- Leads and supervises age-appropriate activities for students in prekindergarten-4th grade
- Prepares and serves snacks
- Establishes rapport and trust with parents
- Reinforces the values and social skills emphasized during the school day
- Provides a safe, compassionate, and enjoyable after school experience
- Assists director of after school activities with administrative duties
- Communicates with director about medical, behavioral, or social issues that may occur
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or person with extensive childcare experience
- Specialization in early childhood or elementary education is strongly preferred
- Minimum six months formal experience working with children 3-10 years old preferably in a group setting
- Must be energetic, creative, and physically able to engage in recreational activities
- This position requires a background check and references.
Please send the items listed below to Julie Lovett, director of after school activities, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter
- Completed application (download here)
We believe every person plays a role in making Wellington a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to learn, teach, and work. We seek to attract culturally and academically diverse faculty and staff who thrive on being engaged participants in our vibrant, innovative educational community. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of our admission policies, financial aid, or employment.