You’ll be challenged. And you’ll love it.
We welcome curiosity, stir passion, and embrace a diversity of thoughts and experiences. We encourage original thinking and innovative ideas. The result: The Wellington School was named a Top Workplace by Columbus CEO magazine in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
View our openings below and apply today.
The Wellington After School Activities office has part-time opportunities for aftercare teachers. The hours are school calendar days Monday-Friday from 3-6 p.m. with additional hours on professional days and late start mornings as needed.
- Develops themed after school activities
- Leads and supervises age-appropriate activities for students in prekindergarten-4th grade
- Prepares and serves snacks
- Establishes rapport and trust with parents
- Reinforces the values and social skills emphasized during the school day
- Provides a safe, compassionate, and enjoyable after school experience
- Assists director of after school activities with administrative duties
- Communicates with director about medical, behavioral, or social issues that may occur
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or person with extensive childcare experience
- Specialization in early childhood or elementary education is strongly preferred
- Minimum six months formal experience working with children 3-10 years old preferably in a group setting
- Must be energetic, creative, and physically able to engage in recreational activities
- This position requires a background check and references.
- Cover letter
- Completed application (download here)
We believe every person plays a role in making Wellington a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to learn, teach, and work. We seek to attract culturally and academically diverse faculty and staff who thrive on being engaged participants in our vibrant, innovative educational community. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of our admission policies, financial aid, or employment.