Dear Wellington Community,
We are writing to inform you that during winter break we received information regarding 12 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Wellington students and members of our faculty and staff. Per school policy and local health guidelines, these individuals have isolated per CDC guidelines. ODH and FCPH have both updated their isolation and quarantine guidelines, which we will follow as well. There were no needs for additional quarantines resulting from our contact tracing in these cases.
As we continue to monitor the effects of the Omicron COVID-19 variant and rising case numbers, we are implementing new policies to protect our community’s health and continue to safely offer on-campus learning:
- Parents and caregivers will have limited access to the building. WPA meetings and parent and caregiver coffees are going virtual for January and February. We will also better facilitate aftercare pick-up to help parents move in and out of the building more quickly. We will have faculty and staff available to walk early childhood students into their classrooms.
- We will no longer have a dedicated student section at our athletic events.
- The Sokol Store is going virtual for January and February. We encourage you to make purchases online. Snacks will no longer be available for purchase.
- We are amending upper school morning meetings to ensure greater social distancing.
- We will be more mindful of situations that bring students from different divisions together in close proximity, such as our senior buddy program.
- We encourage everyone in the school to wear a properly fit three-ply mask.
Thank you for helping to keep people safe and to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community and school. We appreciate your partnership and flexibility as we look forward to being together in the new year.
Stay well and stay safe.
The Wellington COVID-19 Task Force
Danielle Goldfarb, school nurse
Lindsey Smith, chief operating officer/director of athletics
Laurie Beth Sweeney, chief experience officer/director of development